Hello there!



Hello! You can call me Nella.

Once upon a time, I had my happily ever after; but what Fairy tales don’t tell
us is that sometimes these endings fall apart and become beginnings once more.
I never imagined that I would leave my life behind and be starting over,
but here we are, and this is my adventure. I’m learning about myself, love, and the world
with each passing day.
My Hope is that this journey may light the way for others, a candle on a very
dark night.

Red=Remember
Grey=Present
Yellow=Advice from others

Thursday 6 December 2012

Goodbye Love


"There are all kinds of love in this world, but never the same love twice."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

 
It’s hard to believe that I used to be one of those beautiful people who saw love as the essence of our existence, someone who believed so strongly that if you loved as hard as you possibly could, that you would be somehow shielded from the world, from hurt. I imagined a love so pure that it would always be enough; it could and would carry you to the place where childhood dreams and hopes still exist. The mere concept of the non-existence of fairy tales made me shake my head. It wasn't a simple case of denial; this was a little girl who was nourished by stories of love, who thrived upon tales of courage and hope. She grew up and indeed fell in love, she spent her days floating around her beautiful home that they had built together, imagining the tiny handprints that would soon smear the window panes while little eyes peeked out to the garden beyond. She trusted wholly and effortlessly, and quite simply believed that she really did have her happily ever after. Life was beautiful, pure, and sunny.
Until it wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment